andymason79 andymason79 is offline
Junior Member

Default Parquet Flooring and Flagstones, Problem!

My wife and I are renovating an 1870's house. Under the lounge carpet is what I presume to be the original Flagstones "great" you might think!

Problem is I was hoping for a screeded floor, as we intend on laying parquet flooring in a double herringbone pattern and as I am sure you are all aware, a flat surface is required. Well the flagstones by nature are not flat!

Here are my options as I see it:

A. Cover the flagstones in a thin screed, a shame to waste them and thin is not good, cracks etc.

B. Take out the flagstones and try to sell them on ebay, lay a new 4" concrete floor for the parquet flooring.

C. Forget it and lay some new carpet.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated!