Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default High Efficiency Washing machine -- cost calculator?

mike urig wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:53:46 -0800, rantonrave wrote:

We bought the LG front loader washer and dryer 5 months ago. The
dryer is electric and dries the clothes really fast, even a comforter
in about 25 or less minutes.

Most of that fast drying can be traced to the washer.r Most of the new
front loaders spin at a much higher speed than top loaders and extract far
more water. Overall they use less energy because of that.

The washer uses less water than the top
loader we had.

One aspect I like about the washer is the filter on the lower front,
it filters the waste water before it goes into the drain pump, pull
the little cover off, pull the drain tube out and drain into a pail,
unscrew the filter and clean it out. I clean it out after we wash the
dogs beds, dog hair can clog up the filter pretty quick.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit