Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Should Gas Appliances Smell Like Anything?

phaeton wrote:
Yeah, that's just it... it's not "raw gas" smell, and the smell i
refer to is repetetetive. If it were dust it would have burned away
weeks ago.

I also realize that you cannot smell CO, but if CO is often caused by
an incomplete combustion, would there be other, more smelly things
created by that process?

thx

I can only talk from the one personal experience I had with CO. I was
one of the lucky ones of maybe 30 people who were effected. I was sleeping
on the floor at the time. The four who were most seriously effected were
sitting up at a table. There was no smell at all, no one reported any
unusual smell. About half of the people involved reported being effected by
the CO. The four were all treated by the emergency crew and one went on to
a hospital. No one suffered any serious or lasting problems.

I would not count of smell as an alert for CO.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit