Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Sony CDX-705 Mobile CD Changer

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
news:hrhBf.15874$ur3.4669@trndny07...
I have in for repair this car 10-CD Changer. The problem reported is
skipping on small bumps in the road. I opened it and found that to absorb
shock, it uses four rubber dampers filled with some sort of heavy grease.
One of the dampers has come off it's mounting pin and leaked the grease.
I've cleaned the grease and the unit functions. The rubber is not torn so
it just needs to be put back together and refilled.
Does anyone know what type of grease or damping fluid this uses. and about
how much of it?
Thanks
Mike

It's the high viscosity " kilopoise " type grease as far as I know - the
sort of stuff that's used in cassette door dampers. The question is, if the
containing boot is not split, how has the grease gotten out ? As far as I
can remember, there is usually no route in or out for the contents. Might be
best to just get a replacement suspension from Sony

Arfa