Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack

Default how to sticker

I'm getting delivery of an exotic board (Pink Ivory) in a couple days.
Its 2 inches thick and 8 inches wide. I'm puzzling on how to treat it.

First, I'm guessing that the wood is not dry. I plan on re-sawing the
board into 1/3rd inch slices and then milling it to 1/4 inch stock.

Will a moister meter tell me if this wood is dry or not? What kind?

Should I sticker the entire plank and wait for it to dry?
Or should I cut it up and sticker the slices?

My idea on stickering just one plank is to get some kiln dried wood
maybe 8/4 maple of the same width or wider then put the pink ivory
between the maple with sickers every 6 inches then use a bunch of clamps
hold the pink ivory between the maple.

If I slice then sticker I would use the same approach with spacers
between each slice sandwiched and clamped between the 8/4 boards.