Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Rotozip for coping crown molding

Evo wrote:
eganders wrote:

Has anyone out there uses a rotozip for coping the inside miter of
crown molding? What did you think?

I think coping miters is a waste of time. I miter all my corners and they
come out looking perfect.

Have you seen them a few years later, or just right after you're done?
Do you usually install painted MDF or stain-grade, solid wood stock?

I can't believe how many homes and businesses I see with mitered inside
corners on crown moldings (base and chair, too) that are wide open in
the winter. Sometimes, you can even see where the installer tried to
glue the corner, and the broken dried glue is visible in the joint.

Barry