Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT Walmart and you

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

I guess you can say goodby to your social security check. Once all those
wages go away, and nobody is there to tax, to pay into your fund, the
thing's gonna collapse.

One big difference, like it or not. I earned my social security check. I
paid into the fund for years, and I paid both halves (remember, I was self
employed), unlike most people. I do not make, nor am I willing to make,
an apology for recovering money that was taken from me for years without my
consent. DO NOT BLAME ME for SS. I, too, was a victim.

No, you didn't. It's an entitlement program, paid for by taxes I pay.

You paid for your parent's generation.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but you should consider what would happen
if the SS check went away - if the government defaulted on the promise
it made to you, and said 'the check comes every two months now, or the
check is half the size. Too bad.'

That's what most private companies are doing now with their pension
plans. "sorry the cost is too big. You don't get what we promised."

Remember, every one of those laid off Ford and GM workers will decide
shortly to not contribute to the H. Vordos entitlement fund. I know
for sure they won't be contributing to mine.

Jim

please reply to: