Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VFD used with either a 3~ Rotary Converter or Phase Inverter

It was ~around ~ 300 amps, but for such a short time, that it didn't
much matter. Never even could tell it happened from in the house.
Now I had two VMC's on that converter. If they both tried to go from
zero to 10,000 rpm (20hsp each) at the same time the air compressor
started, and air conditioner was on in the house and the shop, then you
might hear it for about 1.5 seconds, but still no dimming of lights.

Now I have a real shop, with 480V 800 amp power. Only the power meter
seems to notice what I do.
Pete