Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Default upvc windows in conservation area.

Yet here we have a situation, where somebody disabled and living in
their own home does something to maintain their independence.

But there would have been a much simpler and cheaper solution available had
she not been simply bloodyminded. Some sort of mechanical or electrical
assistance to the door operation might have been an idea.

I don't agree that you should be able to completely flout the law just
because you are in a wheelchair.

I got the impression that "beating the council" was more important to her
than solving her problem.

Christian.