Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Keith Willcocks

Default British Gas 'PowerFlush' any good or shall I DIY?

"John Kelly" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:02:13 +0000 (UTC), John Kelly
wrote:

I'm sure the powerflush is good and it will work. =A3400 sounds quite=20
cheap to me as they quoted me about =A3800. Anyway I'm doing it
myself=20
using Fernox. I drained the entire system yesterday several times
until=20
the water came out clear. I also had to clean the header tank as it
was=20
full of brown stuff. I put the cleaner in and (rather disconcertingly)
a=20
few radiators downstairs didn't heat up and I ended up turning all
the=20
other radiators off just to get the pump pumping round the radiators=20
that were blocked - this worked. However this morning a couple of=20
radiators wouldn't go again so I turned off the upstairs and the=20
downstairs seems to be okay at the moment. Does anyone know if I'm=20
causing permanent damage doing this? I was going to leave it in for a=20
week (it says you can on the bottle) and then drain it on sunday but
I=20
may drain it all on friday if I can get a day off work.

Anyone know what the implications of leaving the cleaner in too long
would be?

It does say on the packaging that it can be used for a week so I'm not
that worried. It's just strange that some of the radiators haven't
worked well since starting using it.

You might have some air in the system that is interfering with the flow.
--
Keith Willcocks