Posted to alt.home.repair
tom&kel

Default Look what's happenin" in my home town.

i agree with you harry. i'm thinking of not re-newing my united way weekly
deduction and finding a 100% contribution charity. i'm sure i heard of one
being around here(pittsburgh). just want to see the maximum amount going
the people i'm donating to.
"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

J.C. wrote:
"tom&kel" wrote in message

PLONK

Let us know how your happy little family is doing in a year. My bet is
they will sell the house, same as the one up here in Idaho. People in
those situations do not need a McMansion. What they need is a real
hand up which noone here grudges. The mansions being built by Extreme
makeover are not a solution to the problem. Reasonable housing plus
funds are what is both needed and wanted.

An example is here in Spokane, Wa. Just today one of the local Ford
agencies donated a BRAND NEW CAR to a family that was burned out of
their trailer, then were badly burned by a gas explosion as they
stepped into a house they were looking at to rent. The entire family of
4 spent expensive time in a burn ward in Seattle. What did they get?
An SUV - just what people facing major medical bills needs, a gas hog.
The Ford agency didn't lose a dime as they.

a. Wrote it off as charity and
b. Got rid of a vehicle they can't sell.

Harry K

Harry K