Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default iron sources

For sheet metal duct work, they make reinforced drive cleat and standing "S"
cleat with leg. http://www.cleatsmfg.com/Pages/CleatProducts.html

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
link.net...

"Steve B" wrote in message
I am looking for some VERY LIGHT angle iron and channel. I mean, in the

24
ga. variety. It will be to receive and hold decorative panels, and will

be
held in place either with spot welds or pop rivets. The angle would be
approximately 3/8" to 1" per leg, and the channel would be different

widths
from 3/8" to 1".

I am going to go to my local steel yard tomorrow to pick up some other
materials, and will ask them if they know local suppliers.

Anyone here know of online sites? I have googled under light gauge

angle
iron and channel, but only come up with info on heavier varieties.

I guess I could use aluminum, too.

You may get some sheet iron cut to about 2 inch strips and have them bent

a 90 deg angle.