Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default romex inside greenfield

In article .com, wrote:
Bob, I was able to fit two 6 ft. romex cables inside a 1/2" flexible
conduit with no problems. There is still plenty of space left. I can't
use Romex only because as far as I know, the local code doesn't allow
the use of Romex cable in high rises.

You're misinterpreting the Code. The National Electrical Code doesn't permit
the use of Romex *anywhere* in *any* building that exceeds three floors above
grade. Unless your local enforcement authority has adopted a specific
exception to this prohibition, you're violating the Code to use Romex, whether
it's inside Greenfield or not.

--
Regards,