Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default batteries - replace or rebuild

Brian Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:44:52 -0600, "bob"
wrote:

I've got quite a collection of DeWalt 12V cordless tools, including 7
batteries. Some of the batteries will only hold a charge for 4 or 5
minutes. It's time to do something about that. What has your experience
been with rebuilding these batteries? There is a plethora of websites of
companies that do battery rebuilding. Any one in particular that did a good
job for you?

It's usually not worth the time or trouble to rebuild unless you're
using bottom-of-the-barrel replacement parts, and then why bother
doing it at all? Most batteries aren't that expensive and they last
quite a while, just dispose of the old ones and get new.

Actually, most batteries are in the range of $50 - $85. In my book,
that's not inexpensive. When a battery rebuild costs $50 and new one
costs the same, with shipping, I'll buy the new one. AAMOF, I recently
did just that for an 18V Makita Ni-Cad.

dave