Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default paradigm shift wi/o a clutch was OT - "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

"Gus" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gus" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, whatever the translation it's still what Moses told his people
about 3000 years ago in a totally different kind of society and I

think
it is meant as history, not instructions for today. Today, we have the
kinder and gentler New Testament and the Golden Rule. :-)

Yeah, and it's mostly PG-rated. You can read that stuff to the kids,

like
_The Cat in the Hat_.

The hard-bitten holy rollers like to take a good nip of the Old

Testament
from time to time. I think they get their rocks off on it. A good,

honest
Hebrew translation, with none of that wimpy Latin translation in the

middle,
would be hard pressed to get an R rating.

As a famous American Patriot once said,

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the
cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with

which
more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we
called it the word of a demon than the word of God. It . . . has served

corrupt and brutalize mankind." - Thomas Paine

That's a book that can really feed the soul of a compassionate

conservative.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

What can I say? I guess we get out of it what we want.

And far be it from me to disparage what you or anyone else gets out of it,
as long as it isn't used as a club to bludgeon a secular government or a
secular society. And I hope you don't regard my pugilistic remarks as being
even remotely directed at you. Those remarks are intended for the
sacrimonious. There are plenty of them around and I have to keep my tools
sharp. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress