Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Sawney Beane

Default What is it? XCVIII

"R.H." wrote:

Two sets of photos have been posted this week, the first one is new and the
second is a repost of unsolved objects. Some of the items in the unsolved
set may have been correctly answered previously but I wasn't able to verify
them so I've included them in this new post.

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

566 Does it have a hole for a screw? I think it goes on the
handle end of a walking stick in case you want to use the handle
end as a weapon.

567 looks like the right half of an old rifle belt. The missing
left half would provice adjustment and hang other items, possibly a
bayonet and canteen.

436 looks like a device to test the hardness of a material of a
certain thickness. You raise a rod until the weight hits the top,
slide the material under the point, and drop the rod.

76 looks like a hummingbird nest to go in the stakehole of a pickup truck.

383 looks like a hammer for driving tacks in positions where a
regular hammer could not be swung.