Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Luxeon ringlight for microscope

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:50:49 -0500, Boris Mohar
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:41:56 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

I finally finished my ringlight project. I can't take photos thru my
scope with my camera, but I have put up a brief webpage with a couple
of pix of the light.

http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/ringlight/

Nice work Don. I have B&L microscope and take pictures regularly right thru
the eyepiece. When properly focused, the microscope projects image at
infinity. I just place the camera objective lens against the eyepiece and
shoot. Make sure that yo have some kind of rubber guard as not to scratch
the lens.

What kind of camera? That doesn't work at all with my Olympus, and
even with the little Kodak I get pretty marked vignetting. Maybe
your B&L has a larger exit pupil than my scope. Do you have 10X or
5X eyepieces?