Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Cutting copper

I am going to do some decorative work with thin copper sheeting. When you
get into the really thin stuff, like about as thick as matchbook paper, is
there an easy way to accurately cut it? The pieces would be cut at right
angles. I know I can use snips, but that leaves a slight ridge, and I never
can get a really straight cut. On some decorative items, I will just have
to use snips of various sorts until I get the right combination.

Would a heavy duty paper cutter do the deed? Might still leave a small
ridge, but that could be hammered down. Anyone have any experience with
this?

Steve