Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Default Do it yourself tool rigging

I'd just have them do it for that price -- but the local riggers won't!

Mike Henry wrote:

The local riggers wanted $700-900 to move the lathe downstairs, but only
charged $200 to deliver to the garage. Another member of the group here
helped get it into the basement and we've done a similar move for his
Rockwell lathe. The local rigger didn't want to bother with the grinder
base, though he did offer to loan me a come-along. Another rigger quoted me
$1400 to move the base and that was way beyond my budget. The winch and
frame approach was an amalgam of suggestions from here and a few other
related web fora.

Mike