Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Replacing floorboards

wrote:
Neatest and easiest to remove are boards nailed with round lost-head

flooring brads

Jacob, pardon me but WTFlip are they? If they're round nails
beloved of '60s construction, they don't hold, if they're ovals,
then I cannot remenmnber what I was going tro say.,

if you
cut the boardtongues off before you put them down.
You wont need expansion gaps unless the area is very damp in which case
you've got problems anyway. New floor boards are usually cramped as
tight as possible but they always shrink a bit unless exceptionally dry
to start with.

Yup.

PS basic rule of good woodwork anywhere; never use a screw if a nail
will do. Nails are cheaper, neater, quicker and can be easier to remove
- or the item easier to pull apart.

And.