Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default upvc windows in conservation area.

How many people do you know with post Polio syndrome who spend most of
their time in a wheelchair? I now know two.

Lots, actually, since I've been involved for many years with PHAB -
Physically Handicapped and Able Bodied.

What's your point?

Simply that this should take precedence over the titting around by
petty bureaucrats with nothing better to do.

What - the number of polio folk I know?

I still don't understand ...

Inappropriate application of legislation to a situation. The needs of
a disabled person should take precedence over making an issue out of a
front door.

No Andy, you said,
" How many people do you know with post Polio syndrome who spend most
of
their time in a wheelchair? I now know two."

I wondered what the point of that was. I still wonder.

Emmeline Pankhurst broke the law as did Emily Wilding Davison. This
was on a different scale and in a different era, so can't be directly
compared. It does, however, illustrate that sometimes it is necessary
to take action outside the law and accept the consequences to expose
misuse of them.

The suffragists' law breaking achieved nothing.

Mary