Posted to alt.home.repair
Chub

Default drywall screw spins out

hit it with a hammer just enough to counter sink and you are good to go.

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Put in a shorter screw.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried to hang drywall on metal studs using fine thread drywall screws
(for metal studs that I got from HD) over the weekend. Everything went
OK except for one section of the drywall over one stud. What happens is
that the screws get to tight and then spin out before dimpling. The
screw heads are not even flush with the drywall surface (still sticking
out a little) when spin out occurs. I usually use a dimpler bit, but
even with a regular screw driver, I couldn't drive the screws after a
certain point to get the dimple. Any suggestions? As I mentioned, I
didn't have a problem with most of the job.

Thanks,
Matt