Posted to alt.home.repair
J.C.

Default Look what's happenin" in my home town.

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

J.C. wrote:
"Larry Bud" wrote in message
ups.com...

J.C. wrote:
Man. They built that two story, 4000 square foot house in 3 DAYS. They
went
24 hours a day, 3 shifts, 80 person crew per shift and they went 100
miles
an hour all the time.

Who pays the property taxes?

Forget it. I don't care to dwell on negativism.

It's a relevant question. This family has a huge financial burden, how
are they to pay property taxes?

In addtion, since this is a gift, don't they have to pay income taxes
on this? Or is this covered by additional gifts?

Okay. For all you negative thinking types out there. If you visited the web
page about this you might have noted that this house is being built on the
property of the Father. He is over 65. In our county we have an over 65 tax
exemption. NO TAXES will be levied on this house until the property is sold,
the owner passes away or opts out of the exemption. Even then, the property
will be under the county agriculture exemption so the taxes would not be
over $100.00 a year. And Texas has no State Property Tax. As for the IRS,
word is this is a gift and those taxes will be paid by the builder and the
furniture company.

But, if such things are that big a concern for all of you, why not chip in a
buck or two toward the cause? I think MD Anderson Cancer Hospital has a fund
set up for the twins as well. So, unless you are just the type that likes to
throw cold water on a heart warming story, maybe you can see fit to help
out.