Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default Sony GDM-FW900 Monitor Brightness Problem

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:29:14 GMT, "Bob Kos"
wrote:

Hi All:

I was recently given a Sony GDM-FW900 widescreen monitor. It was in horrible
condition as received. I went to great pains to clean up spilled beer and
other vile stuff that was inside this monitor. To my suprise and delight, it
actually powers up. However - There is a problem with it that I need help
with . The screen is WAY over bright. Also, there are retrace ( term?) lines
running diagonally down the screen about every two inches. It will display a
windows desktop properly although out of focus a little bit. The additional
brightness and lines are included with the desktop image. I would like to
get this monitor running 100%. I can do some basic repairs myself, but will
yield this job to a good tech if the required repair is highly specialized
( SM IC, reprogram, etc ). Can anybody help get me working in the right
direction? Thanks for any replies.

Is the Screen voltage set correctly?

Tom