Posted to rec.woodworking
Evo

Default Rotozip for coping crown molding

eganders wrote:

Has anyone out there uses a rotozip for coping the inside miter of
crown molding? What did you think?

I think coping miters is a waste of time. I miter all my corners and they
come out looking perfect. Cut them flat on my 12" miter saw with the
correct miter angle and bevel and you don't see a joint. Measure on inside
90's from the bottom long angle cut 1/16 over, spring into position and
your done.

RV

Oh and btw I do this for a living, exclusively. Mostly 6-8" crown and
multi-layered too. Cathedral ceiling, bay windows whatever. $5.00 to 8.00 a
foot is a nice round number depending on what it is. So glad crown has come
back into style. Busy always and making a killing!!! Thanks Tom Silva and
TOH!