Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: "Ed Huntress" writes on Mon, 23
Jan 2006 07:32:08 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
"pyotr filipivich" wrote:
I realize that it is a stretch for Democrats to accept, but the New
York Times is not part of the government, and reporting what you consider
to be misdeeds to them doesn't constitute notifying the proper authorities.

You'd better go back and read NYT v. US (1971). It was the "proper
authorities" who had violated the law. That's why we have a free press in
the first place.

So let me see if I have this correct. When you uncover evidence of
what you consider to be a crime, the proper response is to call a reporter
and tell them, and not to report it to those who have any responsibility
for proper enforcement of the law?

Hmm, must be interesting at the old newsroom. "Hey Charlie, Ed's on
the line again, wants to report that his house was broken into.." "Has he
called the cops?" "You know Ed, he believes he's suppose to call the
newspaper first."

From the evidence in this case, it appears that a disgruntled employee
who opposed Bush decided to rat out America's interests to the press,
rather than take it up the chain of command.

So of course the democrats believe him. Just as they believed the fake
but accurate memos about Lt Bush's time in the TANG.

Right, and I have a bridge for sale, and it not dear.

tootles
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Denial is not a river in Egypt, "Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme,