Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Luxeon ringlight for microscope

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:08:41 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

I imagine you used white luxeons......I was looking for some LEDs and
stumbled on Luxeons on a webiste but they seem to be pretty pricey at
$12.00 for each 1 watt assembly.......but I guess thier price over
standard type LEDS is better due to their intensity......I need some
in the 460 to 470nm range for lunar lights.

If you want more than one or two, buy from Future Electronics. They
are the sole distributor for Luxeon. Other suppliers buy theirs from
them too.

Future has a min order of $25 and they charge $9 shipping on any
order, but a blue 1-watt Luxeon Star LXHL-MB1D centered at 470 nM is
about $3.01, I think. You could get 10 of 'em for about $40.

Future's website is hopeless. Order by phone.
1-888-880-3449 x 4292