Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Kitchen extraction fan

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:57:24 -0000 someone who may be "Grumps"
wrote this:-

We're having our kitchen extended and the architect has noted (on our
building plans) that we need an air extraction rate of 60 l/min. Question:
Can this all be catered for just using a cooker hood (extraction to the
outside), or does it need a 'higher up' fan?

You may not think this a helpful reply, but that depends on the
cooker hood.

Agreed, although I think your average cooker hood is designed to provide
adequate ventilation to your average kitchen... it would be a bit of a
mess to have a cooker hood slurping up 90% of the steam and fumes from
the hob, only to have 10% sucked away across the room to the extractor
fan on the opposite wall!

David