Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Replacing floorboards

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:54:01 -0000, "Steven Campbell"
wrote:

|I've cut out about 1 metre square of floorboards at my front door after
|water had been getting in and had rotted the original floor boards.
|I've replaced them with new ones which are a tight fit!
|
|Should I cut off a couple of mm to allow for expansion?

Yes they may get damp again and swell.

|Is it ok to screw these boards in as apposed to nail in?

Much better to screw flooring, with Posidrive heads, drill hole on the
board, countersink, and power driver, than to nail. You are sure to want
them up again, even if you can never see it happening ;-)
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net