Cordless Crazy Cordless Crazy is offline
Senior Member

Default Fused spur (or not) for an external flood light?

According to the so-called instructions I'm using to install a new 500W floodlight, it makes no mention of using a fused spur in the wiring schematic, but just simple indicates a 'switch`. So am I correct in thinking it is saying a standard 10A wall switch will be good enough, even though from past experience I would have stuck it on a switched fused spur.

Or could I have a non-switched fused connection plate hidden out of the way above a cupboard (if so what fuse rating) and simply have a nice 10A single rocker switch to essentially switch it at a convenient place? (switched fused spurs do not look the neatest of animals!)