Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default electric bill

Freckles wrote:
Our electric bill has just been doubled.

We are trying everything we can to cut down our bill.

Does turning out a couple of 60 watt light bulbs when not needed
really save much money?

Yes, but maybe less than you think. Right now it may not cost you
anything. If you are heating your home with resistance heat, that light is
almost free as most of the electricity is going into making heat which is
staying in your home (not a porch light is it?) and a little goes to making
the light, most of which well end up turning into heat.

You high electric bill is likely do mostly to heating (rooms and water)
and the increase is likely do mostly to increased billing rates so you are
likely paying more per unit of power than you did last year.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit