Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy

Default High Efficiency Washing machine -- cost calculator?

If you do decide to buy one, be sure to use the special HE (low-sudsing)
detergent: the regular kind may get into the bearings and do major
damage resulting in the need for expensive repairs.

Perce

On 01/22/06 09:43 pm Jack wrote:

Anyone know of a play on web where you can run calculator on High
efficiency washers? I am interested in seeing how much they save... My
Maytag will run on forever, but I am wondering if money could be saved
by switching over -- I do a lot of laundry... 9 people living in the
house... A LOT OF LAUNDRY.

Looking to plug in elec. rates... water rates... and number of loads
and get back how long it would take to pay back for the grand spent on
HE washer.