Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
iti

Default Laser printer Samsung ML-1510 does not come on to live at all- why?

Not many people repair these printers, they are a waste of time, no quality
in them, I wouldnt even consider buying them, I scrap these printers all the
time, because they not worth my time I usually tell the customer I can't fix

Would gladly take the electronic board from one of the printers you scrap,
the only problem is that I am not in Australia as I suppose you are, so
it's rather not worth sending it. :/

Is anyone here scrapping such printers in Europe?

this printer purely of being a waste of time and no quality in them too.

Yeah, well but I am stubborn...

This printer eats toner like there is no tomorrow, 2500 pages is not much
from a laser cartridge, but in real life it never even comes close to this
(officially rated) output. If you print half of the official rating before
having to plunk down another $70 for a new cartridge, count yourself lucky.

Right, but you can refill it yourself.

To add insult to injury, the feed roller is made of low grade rubber which
deteriorates to such a degree after 3-4000 pages that it will jam the paper
every single time, thus making the printer completely useless. For most

That's not good, indeed.

users this occurs after the warranty is up, so you get to choose between a
service call costing about the same amount as the printer's new price, or
just buying another printer. I know the next one will not be a Samsung...

Yeah, mine broken down a month after one year passed from purchase (I
think it has one year guarantee?).

Not too familiar with Samsung printers. I consider them in the "disposable"
category of printers. Black is caused by a lack of high voltage at the PCR
(primary corona roller) White would be a lack of toner. It's unusual to see
both at the same time. If that model has a separate drum and toner
cartridge, I'd replace the drum unit. The hv assembly can't be selective
about where the voltage goes on the drum and where it doesn't, so it

No. The problem is that the printer is dead completely, no sound or light
comes from it, no parts are moving, so I assume that it's the power supply
unit which failed.

Here is the board:
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...1510_awers.jpg
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...510_rewers.jpg