Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Name for new business

Ken G. wrote:
Hi . I`m working on starting a business . It will be mostly a service
call type business where i will go out and do minor service / cleaning
on home electronics

Do you really think that is viable these days? Most people i know
wouldn't even be interested in considering servicing or cleaning home
electronics, let alone use a call out .
I'd love to do something like this myself, but given the throwaway
mentality of the age, one has to be realistic.....

and give advice if its worth having repaired if its
got major problems .
Also help people who cant understand how to hook up or operate that new
tv , home theater or electronic gadget .
I will also specialize in vintage electronics , the stuff most repair
shops wont touch anymore including antique tube equipment or that crazy
thing someone cant part with .

That sounds more likely to be successful, but then again, how many
people use such old stuff these days? It's a niche business at best,
may have to operate online to reach a large enough public.

I have been trying to come up with a catchy name to call this business
to give people the idea but keep it short .

to coin a windows phrase..how about 'Safe Restore' ?!! (reflects the
vintage restoration side of things, anyway!)

good luck, b.