Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Pots and pans cabinet drawers

"David Penner" wrote in message

When I redid our cabinets I converted all of the lower cabinets to full
pull out drawers. Took out the middle stiles and shelves in the double
door cabinets to make 36" W x 24" D X 9" H boxes with overlay maple
fronts and full extension slides. We've got pots and pans, but also a
lot of piddly little stuff in these drawers--the high sides keep
everything in place. The full extension slides mean that even with the
high sides,everything is easy to get at. My wife loves them.

The higher sides also add strength to the drawers so that they do not
distort when you have 80# of pots and pans in there. I agree with the full
extensions slides. Eventually the drawer will be full and you do not want
to move things out of the way so that you can get that pot or pan out of the
back.