Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

Default Jorgensen Clamps

They are all I use. {Learned my lesson building my own !!} On sale they are
CHEAPER then the 'build-your-own' kits.

I have sizes from about 3in to about 12in. Grab a few more every time I see
them on sale. Also the metal 'bar' clamps. Although I have them up to 50in,
I grab the 12in almost every time . . . VERY convenient & versatile size.
Same idea with the wood clamps - small {4 to 6in} very handy.

Yes - they are Chinese and the threads may be a little rough, but that
actually helps them 'hold'. Again, I learned my lesson when I smoothed &
waxed {so no glue sticks}the metal threads. . . loosens up every so every so
sneakily !! By the same token, something that really torques me off is is
buying a 'quality, Name Brand', paying the extra money, then opening the
package and seeing that 'Made in China' imprint. Do you know where your
Jorgensen's are made ??

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Andy" wrote in message

Kind of OT... but has anyone ever tried the handscrews from harbor
Freight? I suspect they're Chinese, but they're CHEAP. (And one can
never have too many clamps, right?)