Posted to rec.woodworking
Amused

Default Rotozip for coping crown molding

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone out there uses a rotozip for coping the inside miter of
crown molding? What did you think?

I think I tried it once. I think I can't hold the rotozip nearly steady
enough to be useful. I do think that if someone created a ultra-small
"router table" that would hold the rotozip steady (tilted at an angle) and
then you could feed the mitered joint into the bit, using both hands and the
table top for stability...you might have something there.

I'm quite certain that I saw Tommy Silva (This Old House) use a specific
power tool to automatically cope the joints. And I'm relatively certain he
said it cost about $1500.

James...