Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Richard Marx

Default British Gas 'PowerFlush' any good or shall I DIY?

Hi all,

Have just had the bladder, vessel, release valve, hose and some radiator
lockshields changed by British Gas, because they were totally blocked by
sludge. The water came out fairly blackish with bits in it.

I had invested in a tube of X400 to remove the sludge, then some X100 to use
as an inhibitor. I told the Gas man this and he said:

"Don't use the X400 on this system, it will turn the sludge to concrete."

Is he talking a lot of 'gas' and trying to sell me their £400 PowerFlush
instead, or does he have a point?

Basically how can I do this on the cheap, without creating concrete.

Thanks!