Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Best Universal Remote?

The Harmony looks good, but I'll tell you, you can't beat the RF
remotes. No misfires. The one my son has is the MX-350 Osiris by
Universal Remote. It has the handheld unit and a RF remote that
retransmits to devices that work on infrared through little
transmitters (6 of them) that stick to each device as well as a
retransmitter on the RF remote itself. It appears to work like the
The Kameleon 10 sounded good until you said you use the Denon remote
when you are in the room with all the equipment. If it was as good as
what I am looking for, it would be used all the time!

Harmony 880, but is more like the Logitech 966193-0403 PC / MAC
Infrared / RF Remote Control. That thing sells for nearly $400 where
the MX-350 sells for about $190 for both units on the street. The
MX-350 (that my son has) does not seem to have a way to connect it to a
computer, but
maybe I am wrong here. It does seem to be a very nice unit and easy to
use.

Anyone ever have a chance to compare these two?