Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Ferguson

Default OT, fire safety issue!

I agree with Arch better safe than sorry. I have never had any problems
with oily rags, but heard of a fella that left a bunched up oily rag on
the bench and left to answer the phone and found it smoldering when he
got back. I don't know if that is true, but now I use paper towels and
put them and oily towels in the fireplace. So if something happens it
is in a place were fire is supposed to be. My only tale about fire is
being woken up by the fire dept. telling everyone to leave. Seems like
someone reported glowing coming from the back yard. Turns out the pile
were I toss my wood shavings started smoldering from internal
combustion. I try and keep it damp. I will put the plug in's in along
with my paranoia about burning candles in the house. Thanks for
bringing it up.

Bruce

Lyndell Thompson wrote:
So sorry everyone, I was checking e-mail and saw this from a friend and
thought it was real. I didn't check to see if it was a hoax. I guess no one
before him checked it either. I won't let it happen again. Thanks to all for
setting the record straight.
Lyndell

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote in message
ink.net...

Received from a friend who is in the property insurance business. It
is
well worth reading. This is one of those e-mails that if you
didn't send