ATP

Default copper for air lines?

Barry Jarrett wrote:
i need to rig some sort of air cooler/dryer for my compressor w/o
spending a lot of money or taking a lot of space. i've seen some
drawings of nice setups using iron pipe to cool the air and provide a
drain for water. any reason i can't use hard wall copper pipe
instead? max pressure is 150psi, which is about what the copper
tubing in an espresso machine deals with. copper, for me, is much
easier to work with, and means i can build something nifty, like a
water-cooled condenser to pull the moisture out of the air system.

--barry

You can get a used commercial air dryer for about $200, so I wouldn't invest
too much money in a homemade one.