Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sanding floorboards - how to replace damaged boards

I'm planning to sand the floorboards in our dining room but some have
been damaged during central heating installation.
If I get some old floorboards from the reclamation yard will they be a
reasonable colour match when sanded or should I try and take some up
from another room which will be carpeted (this is a bit of a pain as
they are nailed solidly and get damaged when lifting)?
I'm not sure yet whether to oil/wax/varnish the sanded floorboards.