Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default god-dang latex paint

clipped

My question is: what is right? Will simply sanding the surface of
the oil-based paint be sufficient to get the latex primer to
cling to it? Anything else I can do to help guarantee success?

Thanks

The surface has to be clean, as well. Wash, rinse, dry. Use a little
bleach if there is any mildew. Sand and then remove dust. I got goofy
behavior when I began painting a bathroom ceiling, although I had done
very careful prep. I think the ceiling was moist from the morning
shower. Let it dry and the rest of the job went fine.