Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Rolls-Royce Crecy

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
Other interesting engines were the Napier Nomad (12 Cylinder horizontally
opposed turbo-compound diesel - target HP 6,000!) and the H 24 (two rows of
horizontally opposed 12's) Napier Sabre II, which developed 3,500 HP in
later versions. The Nomad was never produced, but is considered by many to
be the most complex aircraft engine ever attempted.

--

One of the engineers working for Lockheed designed a mulit-mode jet
engine back in 1947, that we would have trouble building even with all

Craig