Zymurgy

Default Paint over plaster. How to remove without damaging plaster.

"jerrybuilt " wrote
Zymurgy wrote:
It's not flat. It was under wall tiles. When/where the wall
tiles came off it has left the paint patchy. Unless I rub
each section down it'll be uneven otherwise it all needs
to come off !

Get a steel float and some filler. Mix up the filler with
water. Add a little PVA and stir up. Go over the areas
where there is pitting with float and filler. A gentle
rub over when dry with some fine glass-paper on a block
will leave a good surface for decorating. This avoids
the need for a lot of messy work or a re-skim.

Thanks for all the advice.

My skimming ability is non existent (2 days to skim 8 sq ft !!) so I
went out and bought the biggest industrial scraper I could find. (The
little wallpaper stripper I was using wasn't even touching it)

It's not a massive area (av. sized bathroom), so a few evenings
scraping should see it right.

Now I just have to get a decent mask as i'm sure the 60's paint i'm
taking off will be leaded

Cheers,

Paul.