Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Age of house

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

I was disappointedwith the second, I expected some kind of formal handing
over ceremony, instead we were kept waiting on chairs in a council corridor
(it was a corporation mortgage) and eventually a teenage girl came up, asked
if we were Mr and Mrs Fisher and gave us an envelope.We could have been
anyone ... no receipt, no signing, no trumpet fanfare - bugger all.

Mine were posted registered post from the building society.
Postman just left them proped up against the front door, without
even bothering to ring for a signature. I found them a few hours
later.

So we went and had a drink at the Mustard Pot where a son was a barman and
tried to make a ceremony..

It was memorable only for being a non event :-(

My deeds were very interesting. I can work out the ownership of
the land back to 1640-something. Unfortunately, a few of the
documents are missing (at some point, a solicitor has numbered
them all in order, and some numbers in sequence are not present).

--
Andrew Gabriel