Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Frozen Doors?

CathyLee wrote:
We are getting alot of rain then freezing temperatures.

The doors on the house are sticking some and the doors and power windows in
the car are freezing shut.

Any ideas to ease the house doors, they are new this year and I don't want
to remove the weather stripping as someone suggested.

You can't stop it completely. First, clean the
weather stripping, car and house, with a mild
detergent, dry thorougly, and then apply some type
of slick-em. You can reduce the problem by just
wiping the weatherstrip dry and applying Armor-all
or other slick-em, but to be really effective you
need to clean the weatherstrip.

I use Armor-All on the rubber strips on the
bottoms of my house doors and magnetic weather
strips on the sides and top. Same with the car
weather stripping. I also use it on the weather
stripping of my vinyl windows. I usually make
only one application to the house each hear, and
more like 2 or 3 times a year for the autos. You
can use any silicone product that is ok on rubber
and plastic.