Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Electrical Question???

"fish" wrote in message
What would be a good price to pay to an electrician for installing 2
outdoor motion activated flood lights, one on the back of the house
and one on the side with the garage? the wiring would have to be run
to that location, and a switch as well to control it.[would the
switch be necessary?]

No way to know. It could be a couple hours if there are appropriate
circuits available where you want the lights; it could be a couple days if
he has to run new circuits and there is no good way to route them.

I put one in two years ago. The instructions said a switch was required,
but it would have been a lot of work and I didn't want one anyhow, so I left
it out. It works fine; don't know why they say one is required. YMMV

Also, what would be a fair price to pay for installation of 6
landscaping lights in the front of the house, that are controlled by
an indoor light switch?

In each case i have purchased the fixtures in advance, so the estimate
is basically for labor and supplies.

THanks.
Fish