Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

Default Ping Leon, Rikon Band Saw

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:53:37 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
. ..
I'm located a little out of Carnation, Wa. which is about 30 miles
east of Seattle in the foothills. I got mine for with in a few
dollars of $1,000, don't remember exactly because of the sales tax
being added. Actually did a job for WHM that has Jet, ect., and a
little job for the Oliver and Sunhill warehouse. The owner of
Sunhill/Oliver was a nice guy. You said the dealer was delivering it
for you didn't you? That would be nice. It has a lifting eye on it
so I'm just going to borrow a boom truck from work.

I have to go after it but that is OK. I plan on tipping it out of the
truck..... I think.

I laid a laguna 16HD down in the bed of my truck, drove it 300 miles,
tipped it back up and then, with the help of my two nephews, slid it
off the tailgate. Wasn't hard, but maybe the rikon weighs more.

I had to lay my Rikon down as well (camper shell on truck). I attached 5 -
2" castors to the bottom of the palette and tipped it out of my truck. I
had to have my wife hold the bottom to keep it from rolling on the castors
but it made it nice to move into my shop. Problem is....I haven't taken it
off the palette yet since it's so convenient to move it around.

Gary