Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Did your PLASTIC Ford V8 manifold crack and leak? Get $$$

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:14:57 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

"wayne mak" wrote in message
Not saying its at all fast but 200,000 miles and all its had done is oil.

Common for all the Chevy small block engines I have had. When I get rid of a
car or pickup they always have over 200,000 miles generally with nothing
more than regular service. Seems the trannys are good for 150,000-175,000 is
all. The '95 Chevy van I drove as a company truck needed a timing chain at
250,000 miles and was still going at 350,000 although oil consumption was
getting to more than a quart per 1000 miles. One 5.7 I owned personally had
265,000 on it when I sold it and all that had been done was to replace valve
cover gaskets.

My ford 300 needed the lower end rebuilt at 75,000. My dad's made it until
125,000. My neighbor did a total rebuild at 100,000 on his 300, but think
he could have dropped a set of bearings in it and run it, but he tends to
error to the save side! I could name off a few more people's poor
experiences with the 300 too.
I realize that many people love the 300, but for some reason I know more
people that were not to impressed by them than liked them!
Greg

I average 290,000 miles on the 3.0 Ford..which of course is a
different engine.

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin